Thursday, November 27, 2008

heavenly scent of brownies

What a fun/interesting day.
Spent the entire afternoon again looking for fun and interestings jobs that I can do. I finally had the chance to speak with the sommelier at Joey's. Not sure what'll happen - I'm not entirely sure what they are looking for either. Either way, I suppose I'll go in with an open mind see what piques my interest. St. James hasn't been doing a good job of getting back to me in terms of what they want. I was hoping to do some philanthropic work for them in terms of Marketing.

The economy is just terrible right now. I figure it's not a good time to be unemployed, but I'll be damned if I just walked into a job just for the convenience. I left my job for good reason. What can I say - everything about me has been about 'interesting' timing...

I made the trek up to Metro this evening to watch the new bond movie. Snore! Whatever happened to John Cleese and his array of tools, gadgets and explosive toys? This time it was all about revenge and lost love. Bond is losing his cool. All he did was boink the little CIA administrative assistant.. where was the passion, the coolness? It was just fast paced cinematography and a plotline that almost lost me. IMHO - Bond is losing his mojo. And fast.

Once home, I assisted Bear in making a large pan of brownies for a bake sale for his team at work. Proceeds are going to 4 families this year for the holidays. Great way to spend your time and wisely.

RDS is playing the taped LEafs vs Sens game... French commentary is funny to listen to.

Brownies are baking.. the scent is just heavenly.

xo
Dee

No comments: